Monday 16 September 2013

such a slacker

i can't believe how long it's been since i last blogged, or for that matter how much time is flying over in paris. i've already been here a month and it feels like no time at all!!! seriously scary and already saddening at how soon i'll be leaving!

life is going great over here. no boys to be spoken of - that will keep you happy dad - quite unfortunate really, given i'm in the city of love. thankfully i have enough wonderful new friends that go on picnics, stroll along the seine eating berthillion, watch movies and make yummy dinners to enjoy with me. got a nice little routine  doing pilates, walking to uni, going to the market and have a fun friendship group to do it all with - 3 aussies, 2 brits, a kiwi, a canadian and an american (all very anglo, i know) plus lots of frenchies and a few others who've been coming to our bigger dinner parties. we cooked mussels in white wine the other night after going shopping at the market - so delicious... it's all just so much fun!! have hardly spent an evening alone, pretty perfect considering i'm living by myself for the first time in my life! 

the bummer at the moment is how intense uni actually is. going on exchange is, despite what you're supposed to say, all about partying and travel... but this week i have two oral presentations! a 10-15 minute one on hobbes, the prisoner's dilemma and environmental protection, and the other a 20 minute one on the relationship between oil and power. really interesting but annoying all the same - my timetable may be pretty damn good, but if this workload keeps up i really don't know how much travel i'm going to get in on the weekends... oh well, just gives me an excuse to come back to europe in the future!!

this thursday is the birthday of one of the boys in our group, so been working hard to finish my preparation for my presentations early... so that sarah and i can spend all day on thursday attempting to make a croquembouche!! so exciting and likely to be an utter disaster given i'm involved, but sure to be an enjoyable experience trying! haven't managed to starve just yet though... probably because i've been eating a whole baguette every day! oops! trying my best to improve...

yesterday also taught me just how far i've come since beginning my trip 3 months ago... my secondary travel money card got swallowed by another atm! i must be super lucky!! anyway, unlike last time, i didn't cry, kept my cool and within an hour had arranged for two new cards to be couriered to me in paris... so proud of myself! 

still haven't done much of the touristy stuff in paris, waiting until the end of september for the queues to die down before heading to versailles or the notre dame. but super excited, alisa found the best activity for me to do while in paris... we're getting a group together to do a private scavenger hunt of the louvre, going to be awesome!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment