Wednesday 10 July 2013

wine anyone?

once again just found a post that failed to upoad...

today i decided that it'd be a nice idea to go to santo winery, one of the top tourist attractions on the island.

but before i could do that, i wanted to go up and get the contact details of the lady in the tourist office to support my cash card dispute. upon stepping off the bus i thought i was hallucinating! the emporiki bank atm had been replaced by an alpha bank atm... guess something really was wrong with the damn machine! and they weren't small atms either.

so after my highly eventful trip to oia i set off to the winery. got myself set up with my kindle and my wine tasting platter and had a lovely couple of hours. i was really surprised by how much i was ok with being on my own, despite being surrounded by couples making out! 

just fyi, the wines weren't very much to my liking, i only drank 3/6. one was a dessert wine, one white tasted like chemicals and one red tasted like straight ribena 😣 but it was a nice afternoon regardless and then slowly strolled the 5km back to town.

took almost all of my clothes to the laundromat this evening - don't even have pjs for tonight - and then went out for dinner with another solo traveller. tomorrow is my final full day in santorini and then i'm off to croatia via rome! so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment